- SATURDAY, FEBRUARY 24thSATURDAY, FEBRUARY 24thSam's Burger Joint
San Antonio, TX
- SATURDAY, FEBRUARY 24thThe Big Gig-Meyer Theater
- SUNDAY, FEBRUARY 25thSUNDAY, FEBRUARY 25thLuckenbach Dance
- WEDNESDAY, FEBRUARY 28thWEDNESDAY, FEBRUARY 28thNatalies Coal Fired Pizza & Live Music
- THURSDAY, MARCH 1stTHURSDAY, MARCH 1stNatalies Coal Fired Pizza & Live Music
- No tour dates currently available.
At the start and end, Friday’s “Harvey Can’t Mess With Texas” concert for hurricane relief at the Erwin Center was much like all great Willie Nelson shows. It began, as Willie always does, with “Whiskey River,” before closing with an “I’ll Fly Away”/”Will the Circle Be Unbroken” finale. In between, though, Austin got to see a concert the likes of which has never been thrown here.
There was Willie singing “Funny How Times Slips Away” with Leon Bridges, and “Texas Flood” with Bonnie Raitt and Jimmie Vaughan. Then Bonnie sang with James Taylor. Then Taylor fronted Asleep at the Wheel. Then Asleep at the Wheel backed Paul Simon and Edie Brickell singing “Waltz Across Texas.” Then the Dixie Chicks’ Martie Maguire and gospel sensation Ruthie Foster joined Raitt for “Angel From Montgomery.” And on and on and on. It was that kind of night, for more than four hours…. -AUSTIN AMERICAN STATESMAN