- FRIDAY, DECEMBER 1stFRIDAY, DECEMBER 1stThe Kessler Theater
Dallas , TX
- SATURDAY, DECEMBER 2ndSATURDAY, DECEMBER 2ndThe Heights Theater
- FRIDAY, DECEMBER 8thFRIDAY, DECEMBER 8thPoodies Roadhouse
- FRIDAY, DECEMBER 15thFRIDAY, DECEMBER 15thMusco Center @ Chapman University
Orange , CA
- SATURDAY, DECEMBER 16thSATURDAY, DECEMBER 16thUCSB Campbell Hall
Santa Barbara, CA
- No tour dates currently available.
At the start and end, Friday’s “Harvey Can’t Mess With Texas” concert for hurricane relief at the Erwin Center was much like all great Willie Nelson shows. It began, as Willie always does, with “Whiskey River,” before closing with an “I’ll Fly Away”/”Will the Circle Be Unbroken” finale. In between, though, Austin got to see a concert the likes of which has never been thrown here.
There was Willie singing “Funny How Times Slips Away” with Leon Bridges, and “Texas Flood” with Bonnie Raitt and Jimmie Vaughan. Then Bonnie sang with James Taylor. Then Taylor fronted Asleep at the Wheel. Then Asleep at the Wheel backed Paul Simon and Edie Brickell singing “Waltz Across Texas.” Then the Dixie Chicks’ Martie Maguire and gospel sensation Ruthie Foster joined Raitt for “Angel From Montgomery.” And on and on and on. It was that kind of night, for more than four hours…. -AUSTIN AMERICAN STATESMAN